Extreme heat occurs when the temperature or combination of temperature and humidity reach unbearble levels. Heat- related injuries and even death can occur. Good news it is 100% preventable!
- Drink lots of water, avoid alcoholic beverages, coffee, tea and sodas.
- Limit outside activity to early morning or late evening.
- Avoid going outside in extreme heat.
- If you don’t have air conditioning, keep shades drawn and blinds closed, but windows slightly open.
- Rotate ceiling fans counter clockwise.
- Keep electric lights off or turned down.
- Limit the use of your stove.
- Wear loose, light– colored clothing.
- Take cool baths and showers.
- Don’t leave anyone (including pets) in a parked car– even for a few minutes.